With current fuel prices hovering around the $4.00 mark any steps that can be taken to reduce fuel costs tend to impact the “bottom line” almost immediately. The following fuel savings tips will help you to add more profit to your company’s income statement by reducing fuel expenses.
- Reduce unnecessary idling as much as possible. Every hour of idling wastes approximately 1.5 gallons of fuel.
- Reduce high-speed travel. Fuel consumption increases almost 1.5% for every mile an hour over 50 mph. Wind drag increases exponentially as a vehicle’s speed increases. At 65 mph a vehicle uses almost 10% more fuel for the same distance traveled at 55 mph.
- Make sure your tires are properly inflated. Tires underinflated by 10 PSI can lose as much as 1.3 miles per gallon of gas.
- Avoid “Jack Rabbit” starts. Accelerating more smoothly can save on fuel consumption while decreasing toxic emissions.
- Maintain your vehicles properly. Timely tune-ups, oil changes and tire rotations all help to reduce fuel consumption and excessive emissions.
For a full review on how the Teluware GPS Fleet Management application can reduce your fleet expenses please visit us on the web at www.reltima.com.